Saturday, 19 June 2010

My first Insa Skirt

I am not a great sewer. I can sew but normally you can tell I've made it and it looks, well made by me ( very much unlike my knitting).

this is my first Insa skirt. I made it with a dark stretch denim and a light cotton print that I got from my Nan when she was cleaning out her stash to move. I totally adore the print and I have more but need to find something to make for me out of it.

I also did a ruffled hem on the underskirt and I was a bit of a cheat. I overlocked all construction seams and then top stitched them down rather than sewn then overlocked then top stitched. The over skirt elastic gathers appear a little uneven. Some have dropped a little more than others and some pull up higher. I think next time I'll do a longer piece of elastic even though I did it only 1/4 shorter than the distance as per the pattern.

I am hoping that she likes it

6 comments:

Liz said...

Looks gorgeous!
And the cotton print is lovely - what about a sweet blouse for yourself?

Marie said...

Wow, that is great. I am sure it will be well loved

Kat said...

that looks awesome Ali!

KnittyBec said...

I love this, it looks fantastic, who's it for?

Kellykat said...

It looks gorgeous!!! Well done!!!

Tracy said...

Looks very sweet. I love that pattern. Cheers Tracy AKA Madquilter